We have completed over 1,300 projects for our clients. Each one of these projects involved improving business systems in one way or another. Many of these clients were small businesses that are in the process of becoming larger businesses. What used to work for them no longer does.
Some of these clients were very large businesses that are on a constant journey of continuous improvement. Whether they are small, medium, or large, each one of our clients determined that their business systems could be better. Our mission at Thesis Technologies is to “help you get your systems right.”
How do you know what is right and what is not?
The list below is a summary of many problems and frustrations that have created a need for business system improvement. Your business may benefit from system improvements if you can identify with several of these issues.
The good news is that this is the best time in history to take on this effort. We work almost exclusively in the Microsoft world and the technology has never been more exciting and more affordable for businesses of all sizes.
We work with technologies like Power Platform to bring flexible cloud-based solutions to our clients. If you feel that your business systems are not quite right, now might be a great time to take another look., Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP, and the
Here are a few issues that might suggest that your business systems are not right:
- The same data exists in several places.
- Your systems do not talk to each other.
- Data is inaccurate.
- You do not have the data you need.
- Data is spread all over the place.
Business Management Issues
- Excessive analysis is required to get your answer(s).
- Key business insights are hard to find.
- You do not have the data you need to make decisions.
- You missed some key trends in the past.
- You use Excel too much. (Excel is great, but it has its limits)
- Your employees are consistently frustrated.
- It is difficult to train new people.
- Your people cannot answer your questions.
- Your customers continually notice some issues.
- Customers leave before you know there is a problem.
- Poor customer retention rate.
- It is challenging to make any kind of changes.
- You are using the same reports and metrics as you did 3 years ago.
- Inefficient manual work is common.
- There are too many printed reports.
- Administrative tasks monopolize your time.
- You need to be at your desk to use your systems (lack of mobile accessibility).
- You run dated legacy systems that will not be updated to take advantage of modern technology (automation, AI driven insights, ).
Strong business systems can help propel your business forward and poor business systems can hold you back. If your systems are “not right”, there is good news. There is no better time to upgrade your systems than now.
About the Author
Brian Busscher is CEO of Thesis Technologies which pursues a mission to “help you get your systems right.” If you would like to discuss ways to move your business systems forward, please contact the Thesis Team at (888) 705-7253.
Related Blog Posts
The People Side of Getting Your Systems Right
Get Your Systems Right: Defense vs. Offense
This blog post has been updated.